NOW AVAILABLE AND READY TO SHIP!
TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-1 FIELD
Teenage Engineering's new OP-1 Field is an evolution of the OP-1 concept: a brand new portable synthesizer, recorder, and all-around workstation full of unique and quirky features. The original OP-1 charmed the music production world with its unique flavors of synthesis, recording, and audio editing...and now the OP-1 Field pushes all this much farther.
It's difficult to explain what makes Teenage Engineering's OP-1 Field so different from the original OP-1—and that's because they've completely overhauled the entire experience. From a redesigned chassis and improved speaker system (with incredible bass response), all the way to an overhauled UX and sound engine, the OP-1 field is better-sounding and easier to navigate than ever before. All these refinements serve to make it much more immediate, making the process of music-making less about guessing, and helping you get straight to making music.
All of the sound engines have a new look and refined sound—and they all now operate in true stereo(!!!). Teenage Engineering has also added a new Dimension engine, an analog-style synthesizer sure to bring new depth to your OP-1 based productions. Likewise, all of the original audio effects are intact, with the new addition of Mother: Teenage Engineering's lush take on an ambient reverb effect.
Of course, a big part of the OP-1 is the tape section: which happily, has also been overhauled. You know have access to eight different "tapes," each up to six minutes long (with four tracks each, each track recorded in true stereo). You also have access to four different tape emulation styles: Studio 4-Track (for clean, hi-fi productions), Vintage 4-Track (for classic saturation), Porta (for blown-out lo-fi cassette-style mixes), and Disc Mini (for a unique flavor of minidisk-style lo-fi). OP-1 also still works perfectly as a sound card for your computer over USB-C—now updated with up to 44.1kHz, 32-bit operation.
Of course, there's much more to it than just that. There's a completely new, low-profile aluminum chassis and a high-resolution display that is completely flush with the enclosure itself. The internal FM antenna now allows for both FM radio receiving and broadcasting. Battery life is increased to 24 hours; there's support for Bluetooth MIDI (great when paired with TX-6; there's a completely refined sampler capable of entirely new workflows—heck, the chassis has dedicated velcro patches on the bottom for attaching to your velcro-laden surface of choice.
The list of additions/refinements goes on...and it's a long list. Frankly, it seems like Teenage Engineering thought of everything...and when I say everything, I mean it. It's not every synth out there that can broadcast your lo-fi DAWless jams to a radio while stuck with Velcro onto your refrigerator. So if you're looking for an exciting new piece of music technology comprised of equal parts true utility, sonic power, visual charm, and conceptual absurdity—there's truly nothing else quite like Teenage Engineering's OP-1 Field.
OP-1 FIELD FEATURES
- New refinement of the OP-1 workflow
- New, low-profile aluminum housing with high-resolution flush display
- Refined speaker system with passive radiator: massive bass sound
- Battery life increased to 24 hours
- Bluetooth MIDI capable
- Stereo 32-bit audio throughout the signal chain
- Overhauled UX makes it easier than ever to make music on the OP-1
- Overhauled sound engine sounds better than ever
- Features all the original OP-1 Engines and Effects
- Brand new Dimension engine for analog-style synthesis
- Brand new Mother effect for lush, ethereal reverb
- New sampler workflow
- New tape workflow with eight swappable tapes
- Four tape styles: Studio 4-Track, Vintage 4-Track, Porta, and Disc Mini
- FM antenna for receiving and transmitting
- Improved built-in microphone and support for external headset mics
- USB MIDI Host option
- USB Audio/MIDI direct connectivity to OP-Z, TX-6, OP-1, and more
- Velcro pads on bottom of unit for attaching to...stuff! And for attaching stuff to it!
- Much, much more...